Tragedy struck Tuesday evening at Sunshine Lodge, Ihiagwa, one of the satellite tv for pc communities close to Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO), Imo State Nigeria.
Three FUTO students collapsed and died whereas taking turns during sex romp with a fellow student after allegedly ingesting a mix of tramadol, codeine and vodka. According to an eyewitness, two of the students died immediately whereas the one female student amongst them and a male student have been discovered unconscious.
The students have been instantly rushed to the Intensive Care Unit of the Federal Medical Centre Owerri. The male student later died on the hospital, in spite of everything efforts to revive him failed.
The Police Public Relations Officer within the state, Orlando Ikeokwu, confirmed that the students used sex-enhancing medication during the sex romp. He gave the names of the deceased as Ugochukwu Kingsley, Aka Uche and one Richard.
According to the Police spokesman, the police operatives who evacuated the our bodies additionally recovered substances suspected to be Indian hemp and tramadol.
“On April 2, information was received from the caretaker of Sunshine Lodge in Ihiagwa, that the students of Federal University of Technology, Owerri, were engaged in a sex romp with one Onyinyechi Okafor, also a student of the same university.”
“Police detectives from Nekede Division promptly mobilized to the scene and found the four victims completely naked and unconscious. The victims were immediately conveyed to the police clinic but Ugochukwu Kingsley and Aka Uche were certified dead by the medical doctor on duty. Their bodies have been deposited at the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, for autopsy, while their families have been contacted. The condition of the surviving victim is still being closely monitored.” Ikeokwu mentioned the Commissioner of Police frowns at drug abuse and different illicit acts by youths, whose mother and father are working onerous to ensure future.
When contacted, the Public Relations Officer of the university, Mrs. Uche Nwaelue, couldn’t verify if the victims have been students of FUTO.
“We are still investigating to ascertain if truly, they are students at FUTO. You know, the lodge where the incident occurred are being occupied by students from different institutions. Apart from FUTO students who live there, students at Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, also live there. We have to conclude our investigations first before we can come up with an official position on the incident. But I have read it online.”