World’s richest man, Jeff Bezos and his wife MacKenzie have finally ended their 25 years marriage after settling their divorce.
In the divorce settlement agreement, Jeff, 55, will keep 75 percent of their Amazon stock, leaving MacKenzie, 48, with just 25% which represents a four percent stake in the company worth around $32billion at current value. Jeff will also retain all ownership interests in the Washington Post and Blue Origin.
According to Daily Mail, Jeff’s net worth is now about $100billion. Jeff Bezos, the Amazon CEO remains the world’s richest man since he is currently has $4billion more than Bill Gates.
The estranged couple announced details of the divorce settlement in tweets on Thursday afternoon April 4th. The tweets however, did not disclose how they will share their various properties and other investments and why they did not divide them equally.
In their tweets, they said they were ‘grateful’ after finishing the process of their divorce.
Back in January, it was alleged that Jeff Bezos’ affair with TV host Lauren Sanchez led to his divorce from wife of 25 years. Lauren is also in the process of divorcing her Hollywood agent husband Patrick Whitesell, according to various sources.