Missed a story? Search the news in the box below.

I found a RAZOR blade in my toddler’s play dough – what if I hadn’t caught it just in the nick of time?

Listen to this article

A DAD has recounted his horror after he found a razor blade in the tub of his toddler’s play dough.

Abdullah Tan purchased the product from the Australian division retailer Kmart for his two-year-old daughter.

9News

Abdullah Tan, 32, was horrified to go looking out a razor blade whereas having fun with alongside along with his child’s play dough[/caption]

9News

The crimson modelling clay had been purchased from Kmart just hours earlier[/caption]

But just moments sooner than he handed it to the small child, he spied a sharp object lodged in the vibrant modelling clay.

The 32-year-old, from Melbourne, acknowledged his daughter might need been critically harm by the sharp blade.

He instructed 9news: “At first I thought it was a piece of scrap, after which when I checked out it and realised it was a blade I was like wow, this might need turned a whole completely completely different means.

“She’d be, you know, rolling with, playing around with it,” he acknowledged.

Read additional on toy warnings

NASTY SURPRISE

Mum’s warning after ‘finding razor-sharp blade inside BIP chocolate egg’

MUM’S NIGHTMARE

Mum’s warning as ‘baby is rushed to hospital after swallowing water beads’

“And playing around with a blade (as) a two-year-old, that’s pretty concerning.”

Abdullah confirmed the tub was half of an Anko Dough Pro Toolbox the family had just purchased from Kmart.

And the dad acknowledged he can’t stop fascinated with what might need occurred if he had taken longer to go looking out the blade.

“It has been worrying, I think from now on we’ll be more cautious when we’re buying toys for my daughter,” he acknowledged.


The dad has since reported the incident to Kmart, who initially instructed him he was entitled to a refund.

But this afternoon the retailer confirmed it had paused the sale of the product.

“We are taking the report extremely seriously,” the agency acknowledged in a assertion.

“Given the location of the blade inside a sealed container, it appears to have been a downside in manufacturing, and we’re urgently following up with our supplier.

“We have sold this product for many years and can confirm there has been no other similar reports from customers and no report of injuries.”

9News

Abdullah acknowledged his daughter might need been critically harm by the sharp blade[/caption]

9News

The tub, which was half of an Anko Dough Pro Toolbox, has now been taken off-sale[/caption]

Go to Source

READ ALSO  Boeing 737 crashes in Australian national park as firefighting plane plunges to the ground injuring two