Good morning! Here is at current’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. (*10*) Bawa, has vowed to go after and arrest politicians involved in vote looking for, ahead of the 2023 regular elections. Bawa, who appeared sooner than the Senate Committee on Anti-corruption, instructed newsmen that the Commission will work with the electoral physique to implement a bit of the Electoral Act that gives with inducement and vote looking for.
2. Rivers State University (RSU) has positioned a ban on all forms of indecent dressing inside the faculty premises. The order was an internal memo from the institution’s Registrar/Secretary to the Senate, to the President of Students Union Government (SUG) and all school college students.
3. Bayelsa State authorities, yesterday, acknowledged it has acquired over N500 million in cash and pledges from Akwa Ibom and Lagos governments, as well as to prime politicians and philanthropists to assist flood victims. Governor Douye Diri disclosed this in the midst of the State Executive Council meeting.
4. President Muhammadu Buhari has instructed Nigerians residing inside the Republic of Korea that they operate the “faces of Nigeria” and can work to promote a constructive image of the nation by their behaviours, attitudes, and whole demeanor. According to a press launch by Mr. Femi Adesina, Buhari acknowledged this all through an interactive meeting with the administration and select members of the Nigerian Community on the First World Bio Summit 2022.
5. A joint operation launched by the Department of State Services, the National (*10*) Agency, the police and completely different security corporations has effectively dismantled a terror cell and arrested 5 Islamic State West Africa Province commanders and 30 fighters in plenty of areas in Abuja.
6. The United Kingdom’s General Medical Council has licensed 91 Nigerian-trained docs. It was discovered that the accreditation of the 91 docs occurred over 15 days between October 10 and October 25, 2022. The complete number of Nigerian-trained docs inside the UK now stands at 10,387.
7. The Ondo State Police Command has begun investigation into the dying of an individual who allegedly died after a intercourse romp with a girl inside the state. It was gathered that the sufferer, acknowledged solely as Lanre, died after a marathon sexual exercise with the lady at a lodge in Ondo metropolis on Wednesday.
8. The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, has arrived in Washington D.C inside the United States of America for political campaigns. The former vice-president was welcomed by the earlier Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Dino Melaye, Phrank Shuaibu, amongst completely different aides.
9. A former Secretary to the Enugu State Government, Dr. Dan Shere was kidnapped yesterday by gunmen. It was learnt that Shere was amongst plenty of completely different commuters who’ve been kidnapped alongside the Enugu-Ugwuogo Nike-Nsukka Road on Thursday.
10. The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, Thursday night time time launched emergency numbers nationwide with a view to avert any assault by terrorists. Baba acknowledged the Nigeria Police Force is working in collaboration with completely different security corporations, to assure the safety of all residents contained in the nation.