Good morning! Here is at the moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Australian and Canadian authorities have issued journey advisories on Nigeria, warning their residents to be on alert. They issued the warning 72 hours after the US and UK mentioned terrorists have been plotting to strike in Nigeria’s capital.
2. The All (*10*) Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, says he has forgiven Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, noting that he doesn’t harbour any ill-feeling towards the previous presidential aspirant. Osinbajo, who used to be Tinubu’s shut ally, was a serious contender for the APC presidential ticket, which the latter ultimately clinched.
3. Less than 72 hours after elevating alarm over what it described as “elevated risk of terror attacks” in Nigeria, particularly in Abuja, the United States authorities has authorised the evacuation of its authorities workers and their households from Nigeria.
4. The Commissioner for info and voter schooling of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Festus Okoye, has mentioned that the fee is below strain to ship on its mandate. He additionally mentioned that the method for the removing of INEC chairman can also be rigorous.
5. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has confiscated N20bn lodged in 103 financial institution accounts belonging to Lagos socialite and businessman, Mallinson Ukatu, who’s being held in Ikoyi Custodial Centre for drug dealing.
6. The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, on Wednesday, introduced that the voter register had swollen up to 93.5m. Analysis of the preliminary register reveals that Lagos, Kano, Kaduna, Rivers, Katsina and Oyo States have the very best variety of registered voters.
7. Governor Samuel Ortom says the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, should apologise to the folks of Benue State if he certainly wants their votes within the 2023 normal election. Ortom mentioned the apology should be made public as a result of the presidential candidate lied towards him lately throughout his outing in Kaduna State.
8. The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele, introduced on Wednesday that the financial institution would launch re-designed naira notes by December 15, 2022. Emefiele made this announcement throughout a particular press briefing in Abuja yesterday the place he gave causes for the transfer.
9. Two terror suspects have been arrested by the Department of State Services’ operatives who stormed the Trademore Estate within the Lugbe space of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, on Monday. The safety operatives have been mentioned to have shut the doorway and exit gates of the property whereas the operation lasted.
10. The Federal High Court, Umuahia, Abia State, yesterday, ordered the Federal Government to pay the chief of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, the sum of N500 million as aggregated damages because of his unlawful abduction from Kenya and human rights abuse.
Go to Source
Author: Ochogwu Sunday