WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery: Are you eager to know JAMB subject combination to study Medicine And Surgery in Nigeria? Must I pass Maths in WAEC to study Medicine And Surgery? what subjects are needed to study Medicine And Surgery
This article contains the correct WAEC and JAMB Subject combination for Medicine And Surgery, you will also see the Direct entry requirement to study Medicine And Surgery through JAMB, JUPEB, and IJMB, pretty cool right?… keep reading!
|Medicine & Surgery
|Six (6) Years
|Cut Off Mark
For everyone who intends to study Medicine And Surgery in Nigeria, it is important to know the subjects that are required to become a Doctor in Nigeria.
Read Also: Universities That Accept Low Jamb Score (120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170 & 180)
Good news for you! This guide gives you all the information you need about the WAEC and JAMB subject combinations required to study Medicine and Surgery at any university, polytechnic, or college of education in Nigeria. Remember, this combination is the same across all educational institutions in the country.
No matter where you plan to study—whether it’s UNIBEN, UI, UNILAG, DELSU, or any other school—these are the subjects you need to register for and pass to qualify for admission into Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria.
To Study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria, you must achieve at least five (5) credits in your O-level (WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB) core subjects and register for four (4) subjects in JAMB. Aim to score at least 220 in JAMB to boost your chances of getting admitted.
P.S; See JAMB Cut off mark for all Schools
- What Are The Subjects Required To Study Medicine And Surgery
- JAMB and WAEC Subjects to Study Medicine And Surgery
- Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery Through Direct Entry
- List Of Federal Universities That Offers Medicine And Surgery
- In Summary
What Are The Subjects Required To Study Medicine And Surgery
The subjects Required to study Medicine And Surgery in Nigeria are…
- English Language
Some of these subjects may not be required in some cases (JAMB or O’level), I will highlight each of these subjects and in what instances they may be applicable or needed.
Mathematics:Mathematics is a subject that every student needs to take from primary through to secondary school. It’s a compulsory subject for your O-level exams, including WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, or GCE.
However, for JAMB, you don’t have to register for Mathematics. In other words, Math is not needed for JAMB if you’re planning to study Medicine and Surgery. You only need it for your O-level exams.
Read Also: How To Create JAMB Profile Code 2024/2025 (All You Need To Know)
Other Subjects: English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology are required for both JAMB and your O’ level if you must study Medicine And Surgery.
JAMB and WAEC Subjects to Study Medicine And Surgery
To Study Medicine And Surgery, the following subjects will be enrolled for JAMB and WAEC…
JAMB Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery
The four (4) subjects you must enroll in JAMB (with jamb use of English compulsory irrespective of the course you intend to study) for Medicine And Surgery, are…
- Use of English
- Biology and
WAEC Subject Combination For Medicine And Surgery
In WAEC, core subjects to study Medicine And Surgery are…
- English Language
- and Biology
The remaining three (3) or four (4) subjects will be determined by you.
When I say “core” subjects, I’m referring to those that are directly related to your chosen field. Not passing these essential courses could result in not getting admitted.
Requirements To Study Medicine And Surgery Through Direct Entry
Students who which to study Medicine and Surgery through direct entry should have either of the following requirements…
- Through IJMB; Read more on IJMB Admission system here
- Through JUPEB; Read more on Jupeb Admission system here
- ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements.
- BSC, BOS, etc in relevant programme.
Ensure to go through JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Medicine And Surgery.
List Of Federal Universities That Offers Medicine And Surgery
Not all Universities in Nigeria offers Medicine And Surgery, to help you guide your choice, I have provided you with the list of Universities that offer Medicine And Surgery in Nigeria…
- University Of Benin, Benin City
- University Of Ilorin, Ilorin
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- University Of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University Of Nigeria Nsukka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- University Of Port-Harcourt
- Bayero University, Kano
- University Of Lagos
- University Of Jos, Jos
- University Of Maiduguri
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto
- University Of Calabar, Calabar
- University Of Uyo
- Delta State University, Abraka
- Niger Delta University , Wilberforce Island
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna
- Imo State University, Owerri
- University Of Abuja,Abuja
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Gombe State University, Tudun Wada, Gombe
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Enugu State University Of Science And Technology, Enugu
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Ondo State University Of Medical Sciences Laje Road, Ondo, Ondo State
- Afe Babalola University , Ado-Ekiti
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Osun State University, Osogbo
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Bingham University, Karu
- Madonna University, Okija
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
Is Mathematics compulsory for Medicine And Surgery in JAMB?
No, Maths is not a compulsory subject to sit for in JAMB if you want to study Medicine And Surgery, so while contemplating on the list of subjects to enroll in JAMB, know that you are not expected to add Mathematics
What are the compulsory subjects for Medicine And Surgery?
The Compulsory Subject for Medicine And Surgery In JAMB are Use of English, Physics, Biology and Chemistry.
While for WAEC; English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
What are the main subject for Medicine And Surgery?
The main subjects to study Medicine And Surgery in JAMB are Biology, English Language Chemistry and Physics.
Can I Study Medicine And Surgery Without Physics in JAMB?
No, you cannot study Medicine And Surgery without Physics, Physics is important both in your O’ level (Waec, Neco or NABTEB) and JAMB.
Is further maths compulsory for Medicine And Surgery?
No, Further Mathematics is itself not a compulsory subject to enroll in JAMB if you want to study Medicine And Surgery.
|DIRECT ENTRY REQUIREMENT
|(i) ‘A’ Level passes in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to the UTME requirements.
|Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
|(ii) BSC, BOS, etc in relevant programme.